Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Worst Check Up Ever!

When I had Aydyn, I realized that I would end up having two check up appointments to manage. I also decided to try to make as many as possible together. Today was one of those two children check up days. Krystian had to go in for his four year old check up, and Aydyn had to go in for his 20 month check up.
Aydyn's check up was not so bad. He weights 26 pounds and is just over 34 inches tall. He couldn't get his regular vaccines today because he hadn't been exactly 6 months, so he just got a flu shot (I know its late, but better late than never.).
Krystian's check up was fantastic until the shots. Lisa, the nurse (who is awesome), snuck in the hemoglobin test. He didn't realize what she was doing until she pricked his finger. He LOVES Dr. Mike! After Dr. Mike came in and checked him which he did well with, Lisa came back in with the shots. Krystian had to have 5 shots. It went a little something like this...Lisa holding Krystian's legs and giving shots; Jake at Krystian's head holding his hands; and me in the middle holding his stomach and watching his poor, poor pitiful face. I have never seen my baby boy cry like he did today getting his shots. Four years old is horrible! They know exactly what is coming and they HATE it. Yes, I cried when Krystian was a baby and got his first set of shots, but this was TEN TIMES WORSE! His face was red, the tears flowed like a river, and he screamed at the top of his lungs. At one point, Dr. Spence walked in to see if we needed assistance.
After today's experience, I have vowed NOT to take Aydyn for his four year old check up. That is all up to Jake. I cannot handle that pain any more.
The good news is that both boys are healthy and right on track. Aydyn is in the 90th percentile for his height. He's going to be tall and skinny like his daddy. Krystian will be short and dumpy like his mommy, but that is ok because I love them both with all of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Poor guy...and poor mommy! Aren't you glad it's over with though??? If they only knew what we were protecting them against, they wouldn't feel so bad, right?

    ReplyDelete