Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthdays

We celebrate the usual holidays like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and mild Valentine's Days, but my favorite days are birthdays for my boys. Ever since Krystian's first birthday, Jake has used his computer talent to make a movie of the year from birthday to birthday. I cry every year, and I sit here and watch him make it.
Tomorrow Krystian turns four. It is amazing to think that four years ago tomorrow, I was lying in a hospital bed strapped to pitocin (spelling, I know) so drugged up on pain medicine that I barely remember anything. I remember Dr. Rainwater saying that he wasn't dropping and that we would do a c-section. I remember Dr. Rainwater saying he was out and showing him to me. His cord was wrapped around his neck, and that is why he didn't drop. They suctioned him, and then handed him to Jake. Jake had the beautiful privilege of carrying Krystian to the nursery where they cleaned him up. The anesthesiologist tried talking to be, but the drugs were making me so sleepy I remember thinking that I just wanted to sleep. My mom who had come to see me early in the morning, but had to go back to work, ended up coming back to see me on her lunch break while I was in the recovery room. I got to nurse for the first time in the recovery room, and then we got to go back to our own room. Krystian was great at nursing. I just ate sausage biscuits every morning that I was in the hospital and it gave him gas. We were in the hospital for 5 LONG days. Jake had taken a week of vacation the week that Krystian was born, and we spent almost all of it in the hospital.
It is very hard to imagine that my little boy will be 4 tomorrow. I am excited, happy, sad, and nervous all at the same time! He was such a good baby. I could count on him to be calm and happy almost always. I had to fight Jake's family to accept the fact that I was breastfeeding, but they got used it. Krystian has taught me a lot over these four years, and my education continues! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRYSTIAN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment