Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Guilty Feelings

I have been blessed with two beautiful boys. However, I am reminded daily, well actually nightly, how VERY different they are. Krystian is kind, loving, and will usually cuddle with you. Krystian loves to read and learn new things. We got him a Leapster Explorer for Christmas. He love his "game system."
Aydyn is the COMPLETE opposite. I call Aydyn my SourPatch kid...first he is sour, then he is sweet. Aydyn screams his head off when he doesn't get his way. Monday night he fought for an hour not to go to sleep. Then he got up at midnight and stayed up screaming and opening and slamming his door for an hour. I got 4 hours of sleep before work the next morning. I took Aydyn to Bi-Lo today to visit Jake and to order Krystian's birthday cake. The Pepsi guy called Aydyn "a sweet, little angel." I couldn't help but laugh (Jake did too so don't think I am heartless).

I feel guilty because God blessed me with Aydyn (and Krystian), and I get so anxious and frustrated with him. You know the saying, "Your children are payback for what you did to your parents." Was I really this bad?! Aydyn will get mad and if I am holding him, he will knock my glasses off my face. Or he will hit and scratch me. Bed time and nap time are always a fight. Meals are not as bad, but he can be picky. (Don't give him soup even if you drain the broth. If you call it soup, he refuses to eat it.) He has been known to throw dirty diapers off of the couch on to the floor. I pray every night for patience or some insight into how to deal with my child. I don't think it is good that I have started telling him not to call me when he gets arrested because my rule is that you spend one night in jail before I bail you out. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know! I am willing to try anything. If you know of a good book, please fill me in.

Before I end this entry, I want to point out three very positive traits about Aydyn: 1. Independent. He will do ANYTHING on his own. 2. Leader. Aydyn does everything in his own time. He won't do it a minute before he is ready. 3. Smart. We joke because his initials are APT, but he really is APT. I love my little SourPatch kid!

1 comment:

  1. Some of that is probably just "little brother syndrome." Jude acts like that a ton! I like to say that he LIVES BIG! Nothing in moderation for my baby boy (moods, food, injuries...NOTHING)! We bought Jude, "Hands Are Not For Hitting" and we try to be consistent with using and re-using that phrase when he gets rough. Also, for the door-slamming...we invested $3 in the door knob covers from Wal-mart and they work. like. a. charm! It has saved my sanity. We keep it on the inside of his door (so he can't escape), the outside of Pack's office, and the outside of the pantry. Seriously...that's all it took and he quit waking up in the middle of the night.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete